Tuesday 21 October 2014

Eve

I'm sure all of us will be greatly saddened at the passing of Eve Hudson. We all admired the spirit with which she fought cancer, and the level of motivation that kept her painting at a rate some of us couldn't match even when fit and well.

Eve tackled a wide range of subjects with energy, flair and determination. I expect everyone will have paintings by Eve they particularly remember. In my case it's the wild seascapes which earned her a distinction at CCAD, her majestic pictures of Malham Cove and her dramatic portrayals of Darlington Station, one of which featured in our Spirit of Place Exhibition. Hopefully, the examples below will speak for themselves.

Rob

Seascape

Malham Cove

Darlington Station

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rob for reminding us of Eve's lovely work.
    Like everyone in the group I will miss her terribly. She had a feisty determination to not let her illness define her. It didn't. She was great company even when she was having uncomfortable treatment. I always enjoyed the times we sat together on Tuesdays, often sharing our angst about our art and coming to the conclusion that it was fine to spend some sessions experimenting or 'messing about' as we called it. Her coversation was always interspersed with giggles and laughter. I am so glad I met her.

    ReplyDelete